1 bunch radishes, diced into small cubes, greens washed and chopped
1 bulb fennel, diced, reserving about a tbsp. Of fennel fronds.
9 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. Vegan butter
4 lg. garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ lemon, juiced
Pinch red pepper flakes
4 tsp. chopped parsley
8-12 thin slices crusty bread, toasted
- Remove leaves and stems from radishes. Discard the stems, wash the leaves, and chop them. Set aside.
- Dice radishes into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Remove the fennel stalk and cut fennel bulb into similar sized cubes.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a very hot pan. Add fennel, salt, and pepper, and toss for a minute.
- Add the radishes to the fennel. Toss and then let sit until they start getting some color.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and then add the garlic, red pepper, and 6 tbsp. Olive oil. Reduce to simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- To your radishes and fennel, add your greens, fronds, and parsley; toss until incorporated.
- Brush butter mixture over the top of each slice of bread
- Spoon the radish fennel mixture on top.
- Serve immediately.