Watermelon Caprese Appetizer Bruce’s Jacker Crack
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta or fideo noodles (vermicelli)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz. boneless chicken, ½″ dice (white or dark meat)
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Fresh limes, diced green onions and cilantro for garnish
- In a medium stockpot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the noodles, broken into 2ʺ segments, to the oil and fry/toast until lightly browned, about three minutes, stirring often.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and poblano pepper to the noodles, stirring and continuing to cook until the onion has softened, about another three minutes. Add the garlic, season with the cumin, chili powder, salt, and oregano and stir.
- Add the diced chicken to the pot, stirring to combine and begin to brown. Continue to cook for another three minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, heating until all combined and warm. Squeeze the juice of fresh lime into the video and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with the green onions and minced cilantro.