Prep time: 24 hours plus 15 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Laura Lynn cut red beets
- 6 Laura Lynn hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thinly in half moons
- ½ cup Laura Lynn apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. Laura Lynn granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- ¼ cup Laura Lynn mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Laura Lynn Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. fresh dill, plus additional for garnish
- ⅛ tsp. seasoned salt
- Drain juice from the can of beets and reserve.
- Layer hard boiled eggs, red beets and onions in a heat proof quart jar.
- Heat reserved beet juice, vinegar, water, and sugar to boiling. Carefully pour over eggs in the jar. Add cinnamon stick and cloves. Seal jar, cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours to pickle the eggs, any longer will make the eggs tough.
- Make the deviled eggs by draining the brine, then separating the eggs from the beets and onions. Discard brine but reserve pickled beets and onions for serving.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, scoop out yoke into a small bowl, mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, and salt; mix to incorporate. Spoon yolk mixture into a piping bag fitted with star tip, zip top bag with corner clipped or use a spoon to fill the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Serve eggs with pickled beets and onions, discarding cinnamon stick and cloves.
I took my Mom’s Pickled Red Beet Eggs recipe and turned them into deviled eggs. Make more than you think you’ll need, these go fast!Print Recipe